Easter 2011

Easter 2011

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2 Days and Counting! Rob Goes to the Opera--Jan is Iced In




I leave in 2 days! I can hardly believe it. Yesterday seemed to drag by. Today is the same. Rob was able to go to the opera in Jiangzu. He is the only American in the audience and the opera is in the local dialect. Even his collegue can't understand it.
I am looking at the glaze thicken on the road. I don't know how my flight will leave on Thursday. It's not going to get any warmer. I'm a little bit panicked by it. The snow didn't bother me yesterday. I lived in Blacksburg long enought to respectfully navigate in the snow, but no one with any sense gets out in the ice.

My plan is to drive in the warmest part of the day tomorrow, spend the night in Charlotte and take a shuttle Thursday morning. My flight is at 7:35, so I don't really want to be scraping my van at 4:00AM.

I've confirmed my flight to Beijing. I've printed out all of the papers I need. I've packed--I just have to squeeze those tennis shoes into my bag. I even cleaned the refrigerator. All that is left is more house cleaning and packing the older children for Marmie and PaPa's house.

Breathe! Breathe! I'll be okay! Really??

No comments:

Post a Comment