Easter 2011

Easter 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Home Again!

So, we are home. I am slowly getting back into the routine. I love just being at home and playing with all of my children. I love watching the oldest three get to know Ethan. My three oldest have all come to me and said it's so much better to get a little brother who can already play with them, no endless crying, constant feeding and constant quiet. I admit that I never considered this. Ethan is doing great! He's so funny and playful. Every day he gets more affectionate. I kept a diary in China, and I'm planning to post the days I was gone, but for now, here's more info.

Ethan's Size: 18 months
Ethan's Weight: 26 pounds ( I don't know how the "latest" update was so wrong)
Ethan's favorite food: watermelon and milk, but he eats most everything
Ethan's least favorite food: applesauce
Ethan's favorite activity: zooming around the house in the red coupe
Ethan's favorite thing: his shoes, sometimes he sleeps with them
Ethan's least favorite thing: a bath, ooh he hates them
Words he knows: no, bye-bye, cracker, uh-oh, shoe
Nickname in China: Qiangze== rhymes with Kwanza, but Cha in the front
Mom's favorite memory: His first piece of cakeh
Cutest thing he does: cuts his eyes at me and grins
Mom's favorite: his eyes


He's a very polite boy. He says thank-you in Chinese when I hand him something. He's responding to Ethan now. Zach spent about 10 minutes pointing to Ethan and Zach back and forth until he got it. Zach now thinks he's brilliant. He told me in a why-didn't-you-think-of-it tone.

I'm so in love with him! I'm just bursting with love for all of my kiddos right now. So blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Well welcome home!! I have to admit being a tad worried about ya'll - but glad to hear that things went well....looking forward to your trip posts!

    On food - Chinese food is as much about texture as it is about flavor - Betcha that's the issue with applesauce! ;)

    hugs - great joy for ya'll

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading along! New word today: cars. Boy, he's learning quickly.

    ReplyDelete