Easter 2011

Easter 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sickness and Sight-Seeing











Jan 24th








Today is a day of shopping, touring a folk-art museum, a building that had been a family home, school and Buddhist temple in the past. We went to lunch for Chinese, but this food was all highly fried. It was very different from any other Chinese food I had. It was not healthy and the fried food made me sick. I think it may have been for foreigners, but I'd rather have regular Chinese food. The simple meat and vegetables, followed by rice or noodles is a very healthy way to eat. This was the beginning of a 2 day illness that lingered for the rest of the trip. Maybe it was some lettuce I had on a hamburger at an American style restaurant. Maybe I forgot about the water when I was brushing my teeth. However I got the water, I was very very sick. Thankfully, Rob took the boys out for a walk or shopping while I laid in the bed and wanted to die. Anything to stop the sickness! With enough Immodium and no eating, I struggled through the next few days. I got very homesick for the rest of my children on these days and really just wanted to be home. My attitude about all things Chinese was not good for these days. At least the children didn't get this. It would have been really difficult.








Jan 25th Consulate Appointment








After a quick trip back to the medical clinic to read the TB test, we have the afternoon before leaving for the Consulate Appointment. About 30 families all gather to take an oath to say that we won't abandon our child and we haven't lied on our documents. Everything has been turned in and we wait to pick up our brown envelope with the approved Visa and Immigration papers that we need to return home. We will get this in 2 days. Because I'm still sick, this is all I can manage to do today. I am so ready to go home!




No comments:

Post a Comment